Promote effective collaboration between all stakeholders in the Quebec Commercial Fishing Industry to promote a culture that focuses on Occupational Health and Safety; a culture where the dominant standard is to use safe management, work and navigation practices.
- Represent the Quebec Commercial Fishing Industry in the area of Occupational Health and Safety to various discussion forums and organizations;
- Promote Occupational Health and Safety to the Quebec Commercial Fishing Industry, as well as stakeholders and organizations working with this community;
- Provide regulatory oversight to inform Quebec’s commercial fishing community of any policy, legal, or regulatory change that affects the occupational health and safety of seafarers;
- Consult with Quebec commercial fishing community stakeholders on any policy, legal, or regulatory change that affects the occupational health and safety of seafarers;
- Work collaboratively with other provincial and national bodies and organizations dedicated to promoting occupational health and safety in commercial fisheries;
- Present SCQFVS comments, recommendations, positions and decisions to various bodies;
- Receive donations, legacies, assets and other similar contributions in currency, securities or real estate; raise funds through public or private subscriptions, sponsors, government or municipal subsidies; organize various self-financing activities, introduce various types of funding (e.g. subscription fees) and administer the money collected to achieve the organization’s objectives. The object of the contract does not, however, entitle subscribers or their eligible party or parties to recover by any means money they have paid to the organization;
- Acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, own and operate the movable or immovable property required for the purposes indicated above, and provide members and their guests services of any kind in relation to the goals of the Corporation;
- The Corporation will be carried on without the purpose of pecuniary gain to its members, and any profits or other accretions will be used to promote the accomplishment of its objectives.