By-Law #2 -admission fees, registration fees and other fees pertaining to College instruction services

Click for

Establishing certain conditions of student life at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles


Newly admitted students : follow the guide!

Follow the four steps below

Step 1 : Create your Omnivox account (as soon as possible)

While you are a student at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles, Omnivox will give you access to many academic services. You will be able to make your Course Selection, consult your Financial File or your Class Schedule.

1 - Go to OMNIVOX

- When you log in, you can choose French or English, by clicking on the icon at the top right of the screen.

- Simply follow the instructions on the screen. Record your password in a secure place as you will be using it each semester. If you have trouble entering your student number, please contact 418-368-2201 ext. 1380 (toll free 1-888-2201) or by email at Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. .

2 - Review and update your Personal Information

- Review and update your Personal Information on the menu /Personal File/ in Omnivox.  Please register any changes of phone number, email or mailing address. On the same menu, you will also add your Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) as required by the Ministère du Revenu du Québec on the Relevé 8 for your tuition fees.


Additional information regarding the use of Omnivox.

Step 2 : Confirm your course selection

To receive a schedule for the next semester, please confirm your Course Selections on Omnivox. You will soon receive an email letting you know when to complete this operation.

For information regarding your course selection or your program of study, please make an appointment with your Academic Advisor by calling
 418-368-2201 ext. 1777.

Step 3 : Pay your tuition fees

You will receive an email around May 15 for the fall semester and around November 15 for the winter semester to advise you that your invoice for tuition fees is available. You can access your invoice via the Payment Center on Omnivox. You should pay within two weeks of receiving the bill.

Step 4 : Update your vaccination record

Students studying in Soins infirmiers, Éducation à l’enfance, Éducation spécialisée or Travail social should consult information on vaccination to learn about vaccination procedures. For more information, call 418-368-2201 or toll free 1-888-368-2201 ext. 1380 or email Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. .

Step 5 : Loans and Bursaries - Use the right educational institution's code

Information required to complete your financial aid form

NOTE : Other information regarding registration will be available a month before the first day of the semester on the website of the college.

Financial Assistance

To apply for Financial Assistance, you may pick up a Financial Aid Application from your high school Guidance Counselor or on the Internet at  You may also communicate with the person responsible for student loans and bursaries at the campus: Colette Boulay Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. ext. 1502 or consult student financial services

Academic Advising to help you succeed

For information relating to your academic progress or your program of studies, contact ext. 1777. For detailed information concerning the various academic support services offred on campus (Help Centres, Immersion support, PIEA evaluation policies, peer tutoring) please consult Campus Academic Support

Adaptated Services

Please contact Adapted Services as soon as possible if you have a diagnosed physical handicap, learning disability, or you require other adapted services ext. 1441 in order to facilitate your adjustment to the College. Cegep has services in place to support you in your studies. For information detailing the various service offred through Adapted Services Center room 120, please consult the Adapted Services: Gaspé campus.

On-Campus Student Residence

If you would like to apply to the Cégep Residence, please consult the Residence website for more information.

Sports study

Students who belong to a competitive swimming club and would like to continue their training during the school year are invited to communicate with Sophie Audet Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.  at 418-368-2201 ext. 1439 for information and registration.

Educational activity calendar

Go to the College website.


For more information, contact us :

Gaspé Campus – English Sector

96, rue Jacques-Cartier, Gaspé (Québec) G4X 2S8
Telephone : 418-368-2201 ext. 1420
Toll free : 1 888 368-2201 ext. 1420
Fax : 418 368-7003 

Website :


Step 6 : Your financial situation

Working While Studying

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

In order to work in Canada, you must have a SIN. You can obtain one free by going to a Service Canada office near your campus with your work permit (work permit for your training).

Working on Campus

Once you have your work permit, you will be allowed to work on campus.

Working off Campus

In order to work off campus, you must apply for an Off Campus Work Permit (OCWP). The permit gives you the right to work no more than 20 hours a week during the school period, and full time over the summer. It costs $154. You can apply for an OCWP 6 months after receiving your study permit. You must apply on line.

OCWP Conditions
  • Be a full-time student since at least 6 months;
  • Maintain satisfactory academic results (pass your courses).
  • If you do not meet these conditions, your permit may be taken away from you.
Application Steps

Create an EPASS

  • Go to;
  • Click on English;
  • To the right, in the section I Need To..., click on Apply online (in Canada);
  • Click on Off Campus Work Permit, then on Start a Session... or Register for an EPASS...;
  • Follow the instructions for registering and for starting a MyCIC session. When you have finished registering, there will be a question asking if you have already sent a service application to CIC. The answer is YES, since you have a client identification number (Client ID), which is on your study permit.

Apply for an Eligibility Verification Number (EVN)

  • When you start your MyCIC session, there is a section asking why. Select the option that requests eligibility verification;
  • Answer all the questions. Attention: it is important to read all the questions carefully before answering.  Any little mistake can make a lot of trouble...;
  • You must authorize personal information sharing between the institution, the provincial or territorial government and CIC.
  • When you have finished this step, wait for your EVN. You will get an e-mail telling you that you have a new message in MyCIC. The message is that an EVN has been granted (or not, if    you have not met the conditions for the permit);
  • If an EVN has been granted, you have 60 days to complete your OCWP application. Otherwise, you will have to apply again for an EVN.

Application To Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student

  • You must have with you: your study permit, your passport, a digitized copy of the identification page of your passport and all the stamped pages; a credit card (or an official payment receipt form Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
  • Start a MyCIC session;
  • In the section asking why, select the option that mentions changing the conditions of your stay;
  • Answer all the questions. Attention: it is important to read all the questions carefully before answering.  Any little mistake can make a lot of trouble...;
  • Attach the required documents;
  • A digitized copy of the identification page of your passport and all the stamped pages;
  • Your payment by credit card or the official CIC receipt.

Your permit will be sent to you 4-6 weeks after you have completed your application.

Planning a budget

Here’s a model that will help us plan the cost of your studies in Québec.

Administrative costs
SRACQ application for admission $80 CAN
Québec acceptance certificate $107 CAN
Study permit $125 CAN
Total $312 CAN


Tuition fees
For Québec students and students with French citizenship $100 CAN par session

For students from other countries, depending on field of study :

A-Pre-university program, social technology or administrative technology

B-Physical technology, art and literature technology

C-Biological technology


$5,096 CAN per term

$6,997 CAN per term

$7 899 CAN per term


From $5,196 CAN
to $7,999 CAN


Establishment costs
Establishment costs (household articles, initial grocery purchase) $500 CAN
 Witer clothing $600 CAN
 Total $1,100 CAN


Day-to-day expenses (annual)
Health insurance (mandatory group insurance), except for students from France, including Reunion Island and Guadeloupe. $648 CAN
Student residence accomodations $3,600 CAN  (environ $300 par mois)
Phone and internet service Inclus dans le prix de la résidence
Food and medicine $ 3,240 CAN
 Personal expenses (leisure, cloting) $ 1,800 CAN
Indicentals (unforseeable expenses)

 $ 480 CAN

School-related expenses $ 1,200 CAN
Transport  $ 500 CAN
Total $ 11,468 CAN

Step 7 : Mandatory Health and Hospitalization Insurance

All international students going to the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles on all of its campuses must have a health and hospitalization insurance contract valid in Canada. The college is obliged by the ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et des Sports du Québec to include, in every student's file, proof that the student is insured.

Students from France, Île-de-la-Réunion and Guadeloupe

Students from France, Île-de-la-Réunion and Guadeloupe may benefit from the "Entente France-Québec", which gives access to the public health insurance program (free), the Régie de l'Assurance-maladie du Québec (RAMQ). Students can obtain Régie de l'Assurance-maladie du Québec insurance free of charge. Get the SE-401-Q-102 form before you leave, as you will need it for registering with the RAMQ.

Although we will help you through the steps, it is up to you to complete your registration with the RAMQ. As a per default procedure, we will register you with the private progam ($154 per month). You have until September 14th to prove that you have registered with the RAMQ, and get your private registration cancelled free of charge.

On receiving your health insurance card, go to room 110 at the Gaspé campus, or to the administration office at the Carleton campus. Billing for health insurance will ONLY be cancelled if you show proof of having obtained your health insurance card.

For more information about the RAMQ

toll free at 1-800-561-9749.

Students from Other Countries

Foreign students who are from countries without an agreement must get group insurance for foreign college students. The college will register you a little before you arrive. You will be billed on arriving at the college. The premium costs about $648 CDN for the year (for the rate of exchange, see

Step 5 : Quebec certificate of acceptance and Canada study and work permit

On receiving your final admission letter, you must immediately apply for a Québec certificate of acceptance (CAQ) for studies, from:

Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
Service aux étudiants étrangers
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, rez-de-chaussée, bureau G-15
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8 Canada
Phone : 514-864-9191 

The form, conditions for obtaining a CAQ for studies and the cost for applying, are available at the following address:

It takes about 20 business days to obtain a CAQ if the application is filled out correctly.

After obtaining a CAQ for studies, you must apply for a study permit from the Canadian Visa Office (CVO). You will find contact information for the various CVOs and the conditions for obtaining a study permit at the following address: